Friday, August 24, 2007

Jesus Christ ~Genuine Example~

We're all Playing 'Follow the Leader..'
Here's My Leader


~Having dismissed the multitudes, he went into a mountain alone to pray. Matthew 14-23



~Rising very early, going out, he went Into a desert place: and there he prayed. Mark 1-35


~When he had dismissed them, he went up to the mountain to pray. Mark 6-46


~It came to pass, when all the people were baptized, that Jesus also being baptized and praying, heaven was opened. Luke 3-21


~He retired into the desert and prayed. Luke 5-16


~He went out into a mountain to pray: and he passed the whole night in the prayer of God. Luke 6-12


~It came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples also were with him: and he asked them, saying: Whom do the people say that I am? Luke 9-18


~It came to pass, about eight days after these words, that he took Peter and James and John and went up into a mountain to pray. And while he prayed, the shape of his countenance was altered and his raiment became white and glittering. Luke 9-28


~As he was in a certain place praying, when he ceased, one of his disciples said to him: Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. And he said to them: When you pray, say: Father, hallowed-(holy) be your name. Luke 11:1-4


~But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren. Luke 22-32


~Going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying and saying: My Father, if It be possible, let this chalice pass from me. Nevertheless, not as I will but as you will. . . . Again the second time, he went and prayed, saying: My Father, if this chalice may not pass, but I must drink it, your will be done. And he came again and found them sleeping: for their eyes were heavy... Matthew 26-39 / 42-44


~Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. Luke 23-34


~Jesus crying with a loud voice, said: Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. Luke 23-46


~Jesus lifting up his eyes, said: Father, I give you thanks that you have heard me. And I knew that you hear me always; but because of the people who stand about have I said it, that they may believe that you have sent me. When he had said these things, he cried with a loud voice: "Lazarus, come forth!". John 11:41-43


~Christ's prayer after the Last Supper. John 17: 1-26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the painting and who painted it?
its beautiful :)